Where am I now?

This guide to Jemima's Trek oeuvre includes advice to readers and a list of the award-winning and otherwise honorably-mentioned stories written by Jemima's muse B'Elanna.

The full list of stories is on the Jemima's Stories page. For other sub-indicies, see the Borg Plot Classification and the C/7 version of the BPC. Be warned that the Borg Plot Classification is a useful classification and therefore may contain spoilers.

What should I read?

All the award-winners are listed below on the shelf. The Dance comes highly recommended and is a strong contender for the best story here. All the long stories have either won awards or generated plenty of positive feedback. The middling stories, despite their poor track record in competition, are also good.

Don't start with the short stories, though - some of Jemima's juvenile fic (from back when she was thirty) has congregated there, as well as the odd experimental piece and the much-reviled, if not half-bad, C/7 fics. Jemima's favorite children are the filks, but her sad experience has been that it takes a fellow filker to appreciate a filk properly.

The Shelf

Honors are listed in order of receipt. Not everything is an award, and not all the awards are from contests. The ASC Awards, for example, cover all stories posted to the alt.startrek.creative newsgroup in the course of the year.

 

2000

most creativeJennica's Annual J/C Christmas Contest 2000: A Maquis Holiday won Most Creative. (12/00)

non-Christmas categoryJennica's Annual J/C Christmas Contest 2000: A Maquis Holiday also won Best Non-Christmas. (12/00)

 

2001

1st place Crew
ConspiracyFirst Annual J/C Haiku Contest: an Untitled haiku won first place for Crew Conspiracy. (1/01)

2nd place NC17 awardFirst Annual J/C Haiku Contest: an Untitled haiku won second place for NC-17. It's rated PG, not NC-17. (1/01)

2nd place angstFirst Annual J/C Haiku Contest: an Untitled haiku won second place for Angst. (1/01)

first place
awardVoyager Central J/C Contest ("The Dance"): The Dance (Tunkai) won first place. (2/01)

award for most
unique j/c kissVoyages Home Kiss Me Kate Valentine's Day Contest: Lethe won first place in the category of Most Unique J/C Kiss. (3/01)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2000: Seven of Borg won third place in the Best Voyager Humor/Parody category. (4/01)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2000: The Unity of the Multiverse won third place in the Best Janeway/Chakotay Pairing category. (4/01)

the best of TrekThe Best of Trek Fanfic Site lists The Dance (Tunkai). (5/01)

ymmvYMMV recommends The Museum. (9/01)

Upon the appearance of DQ Babes in the Mirror-Mirror Universe, Liz gave B'Elanna's amanuensis a Leola Root Award. The Unity of the Multiverse and The Museum are also AU stories. (11/01)

leola root award

 

2002

AAA Honorable MentionHonorable Mention in the Koffee Klub's Awesome Author Award 2002 - the stories entered were The Museum (Action/Adventure), Jade's Drabble (Drabble), Thrive (Friendship), Lethe (Humor), The Dance (Romance), A Light Beyond (Tragedy), and Lurking (Wild Card). (3/02)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2001: A Maquis Holiday won second place in the Voyager Holiday Story category. (4/02)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2001: The Dance (Tunkai) won first place in the Voyager Multiple Pairings category. (4/02)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2001: If Ayn Rand Wrote ST:VOY won second place in the Voyager Other Challenge category. (4/02)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2001: Yesterday, When I was Borg won second place in the Voyager Poem or Filk category. (4/02)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2001: The Museum won first place in the Voyager Suite category. (4/02)

2003

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2002: The Lamne'rau won first place in the Voyager Featuring Seven of Nine category and took third place in the experimental Overall Best Story category. (5/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2002: Janeway: The Musical! won first place in the Voyager Filk or Poem category. (5/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2002: I've Grown Accustomed to the Phage took second place in the Voyager Filk or Poem category. (5/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2002: The Sound of Sickbay took third place in the Voyager Filk or Poem category. (5/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2002: Beta Energy won first place in the Voyager Crew category. (5/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2002: What's Left of Her took second place in the Voyager Single Person category. (5/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2002: Jemima came in third for Voyager Author. (5/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2002: Jemima came in third overall for the Alara Rogers Award for Best Author. (5/03)

 

2004

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: the overall silver medal. (1/04)

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: a bronze medal for Writer's Choice. (1/04)

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: Jade's Drabble won the gold medal in the 100m Dash (light drabble). (1/04)

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: Lurking won the gold medal in the 400m Run (1,000-3,000 words). (1/04)

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: The Unity of the Multiverse won a silver medal in the Pole Vault (AU). (1/04)

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: The Bottle of Bajoran Blue Wine: A PADD Story won the gold in the Shot Put event (humor). (1/04)

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: The Dance (Tunkai) won a bronze in the Javelin event (3rd party). (1/04)

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: Lethe won a silver medal in the Long Jump (7,500-10,000 words). (1/04)

DecathlonJCFicHaven Decathlon 2004: Marriage is Irrelevant won a silver medal in the 1500m Run (10,000+ words). (1/04)

Jemima received a few Eclipse Design Awards.

Eclipse Coding Eclipse HTML Eclipse Splash

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2003: The Full Shell won second place in the Enterprise General Drabbles category. (4/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2003: I Will Revive won first place in the TOS Filks/Poem category. (4/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2003: The Other Side of the Gate won third place in the MIS Crossover category. (4/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2003: I Fought the Borg won first place in the MIS Filk/Poem/Drabble category. (4/03)

ASC Awardsalt.startrek.creative awards 2003: The Sound of Borgness won third place in the MIS Filk/Poem/Drabble category. (4/03)

 


Feedback: jemimap23@gmail.com
Link: http://jemimap.ficml.org/voy/awards.html | Top