Archive for January, 2005
/. quote of the day: Enterprise got quite a bit better the last two seasons, but it never actually got very good. In a lot of ways, it’s like watching a clumsy kid playing sports or President Bush giving a speech — you know they’re going to screw up, so each minute that they don’t is like a little victory. Given that, it’s hard for me to imagine that there are actually people looking to save the series. I mean, why? –Skyshadow
I got a baby crockpot (1.5 quarts) on sale at CVS. I searched the net for teeny-weeny crockpot recipes, and all I found was this Stepford Wife porridge recipe. But somewhere I did find the good advice to take a Big Crockpot recipe and cut it down for a Small Crockpot. Duh! That works pretty well.
There’s nothing like coming home to find that the little electronic wife has made you dinner!
Several of these cool links are from GeekPress.
- IM or E-Mail Shorthand that Civil War Soldiers Would Likely Have Used in Letters Home Had the Technology Been Available to Them
- BBspot’s Top 11 Geek Break Up Lines
- Make your own Apollo Guidance Computer Replica at home!
- MS Versus, an anti-Microsoft news site
- And callalillie extols my favorite pen: the Pilot G-Tec-C4
The anti-spam checkbox seems to be working well, so I’ll give out the geeky instructions now. As mentioned earlier, this method was taken from This Chick. Since it does exactly what it appears to do, I’m not giving anything away by revealing the inner workings to the spammers. (The incest spammers already have it figured out.)